Finding the right builder to design and construct your church should be based on getting the most value, not who will do it for the least amount of money. Be sure you understand your needs, both short and long term. You should also understand your congregation’s opinion on needs for your new/rebuild church construction.
Ask your congregation and church staff the following questions:
1. Who are we trying to reach and what will help us reach them?
2. What can we afford and how do we pay for it?
3. Where should it be located and when do we want it completed?
4. Will we have room to grow once it’s complete?
You will want to seek a design/builder who has experience in church and worship facilities, and ask them the following questions:
1. How do you determine what we should build?
2. What are options to lower square footage costs?
3. Will you provide me with a guaranteed maximum cost?
4. What are the inevitable challenges you face on every church project?
Here are some questions the design/builder should ask of you:
1. What are your membership numbers and your average attendance?
2. How many services do you hold and which days and times?
3. Are you offering education for children and other programs, and if yes, what days and times?
4. What is the age demographic of your congregation?
5. What is your current growth rate trend?
You should have good communication with your design/builder to ensure a smooth build that won’t break your budget. Consider the experts at Philippi Quality Construction for your next church building project. Philippi Quality Construction’s team approach to architecture and construction eliminates problems by accepting full responsibility for the design and construction, resulting in a smooth experience. With any construction company, the benchmark of success has to be its level of customer satisfaction. Philippi Quality Construction strives to keep our customers engaged in the workflow throughout the project. All clients are updated on the building’s progress, fully explaining each step, answering all of your questions, offering clear, understandable options and making sure your church project stays on time and on budget.
More information on Philippi Quality Construction at www.manitowocconstruction.com.